BREAKING: Bigot mistakes absurd conjecture for objective fact

But that's about par for the course at the anti-gay "Truth Academy", isn't it? "Ex-gay" therapist and felon Arthur Abba Goldberg offers this bit of striking wisdom:

“By the way, did you notice that a lot of gays who remain in the gay lifestyle also do a lot of body building,” said Goldberg. “They will be in the gym a lot trying to build up their pecs... Because they have these body image issues and don’t feel they are masculine enough.”

Really, Mr. Goldberg. Gay men are so masculine because... they don't feel masculine enough? Do I seem like the kind of guy who's worried about a lack of masculinity?

Me

By your own reasoning, I'm more of a man than you'll ever be.

Filed under , ,

12 responses to BREAKING: Bigot mistakes absurd conjecture for objective fact

1. hax says:

well said

2. h says:

Nice shirt, ZJ :D

3. bkkawaii says:

Ex-gay therapy is just a bunch of meaningless psychobabble that is conjured to try and make sense of the conclusions they've already made, so it ends up being full of contradictions. Gay men wish to be masculine, because gay men wish to be feminine. Gay relationships are meaningless and empty, but somehow they are overly emotionally dependent. You're sick, and we can cure you, but if you aren't cured it's your fault and you're going to hell. And they only claim to do all of these frightening "therapies" out of love.
    Thinking about it makes me feel a little sick.

4. Lilith says:

"ex-Gay"? They make it sound like being gay is a choice, which it is not. No one can control or choose their sexuality... I can't control my own gender identity, being effeminate and openly a crossdresser myself, even though I'm a straight man.

5. Synesthesia says:

True this... It doesn't get any manlier than you, ZJ.

I'm not being sarcastic either. It's very bold and cool to go out into the world and be yourself instead of being a wuss like Haggard. YAY to openly gay people!

6. Bigots are funny when they aren't being too serious and violent.

7. Clearly says:

ZJ is more of a man than I'll ever be. :>

8. Jackal says:

An interesting phenomenon: I know you identify as male and are biologically male, so I should think of you as male. But I find myself accidentally using female pronouns when talking about you. Clearly, part of my brain insists on identifying you as female. I don't have this gender identification conflict when talking about m->f ts's who look and identify as female and present as female - I may know that they have male anatomy, but I have no problem using the preferred female pronouns. It seems my brain prioritize my perception of your presentation over my knowledge of your biological status and preferred designation. I that's what I get for growing up in a society with a rigidly enforced gender (false) dichotomy.

9. RD says:

Jackal, I experience the same with a couple of trans-gender/sexual friends of mine. Since I can only speak for myself, this is my stance: Think like a man, then in my mind me you are a man. Think like a woman, then you are a woman. This also goes for the 'neithers'.

Engaging, possibly enraging and interesting, thanks ZJ, you're doing a damn good job.

10. magdelyn says:

You shouldn't worry about a lack of masculinity. Your are a very masculine acting transgendered person. No offense.

11. magdelyn says:

Well, isn't that embarrasing? Didn't realize that you don't identify as tranz.

12. Cheyenne says: